Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dahmer (2002) ☆


Movies based upon killers are very touch and go, at least to me.
It's either painfully on point or a poor portrayal of someone's version of the events. Dahmer is the latter. 

I'm not a huge fan of real serial killer films. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the heck out of a nice babysitter slasher. When it comes to the tragic events of actual people, I get uncomfortable and it's tough to sit through. However, I do enjoy a good Jeremy Renner movie. Too bad this one wasn't good.

I see what they tried to do, but it turned poorly pieced together and jumped from one thing to the next. The actual description of the film makes my point very clear. 

"A man turns his darkest fantasies into a horrifying reality." Sure, the movie portrays that, but for it to be called Dahmer? The dude's name could've been Frank for that matter. If the title and character names were mixed up, it could be pulled off as just another bad script.

No comments:

Post a Comment